View Single Post
Old 12-26-23, 12:05 PM
70sSanO

Bikes: 1986 Cannondale SR400 (Flat bar commuter), 1988 Cannondale Criterium XTR, 1992 Serotta T-Max, 1995 Trek 970

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1951 Post(s)
Liked 2,189 Times in 1,333 Posts
Originally Posted by staehpj1
I googled the Tifosi reading sunglasses and like the looks of that solution if I do get cataract surgery. My eye doc said I was looking at that in the not too distant future and I haven't been back for a checkup for three years so I may be due by now. I don't want to rush into a surgery, but that one sounds like a good thing. I think some of my brothers had it by about my age (71).
For years I used my regular glasses to ride, with photo gray and then transitions lenses.

5 years ago I had cataract surgery. I’m sure lenses have improved since then, but I ended up with 2 different lens mfg that gave me a bit of monovision.

My right eye can see clear beginning at around 18”, but has a bit of midrange (4ft-10ft) clarity gap. But my left eye starts a little further out and picks up the midrange. Both are great at distances. Together this gives me pretty seamless clarity, with the exception of close range. That kinda stinks for wrenching, but I’ll use readers when I need to.

I now ride with Nike wrap around sunglasses.

John