View Single Post
Old 01-28-23, 12:06 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10421 Post(s)
Liked 11,882 Times in 6,088 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
Yeah, I'm sure it varies from one bicycle manufacturer to the other, but within the same brand of bicycles for Specialized, Trek, Giant, Cannondale and etc., the saddles seem to be better saddles as the price tier of the bike goes up.

Not sure what Canyon does. I've not seriously looked at them yet since I can't ride one first. Perhaps they just use a cheap but good name saddle for all their models thinking that it's going to be replaced anyway.
It's not the quality of the saddle that's the problem. It's the shape, for me. I need what they call a "wave" saddle, because I'm pretty inflexible and roll my pelvis forward, riding with a straight back. AND I have thick thighs. So I need a wave saddle with a narrow nose. A lot of saddles these days seem to be flat, with a wide nose, which just won't work for me, though they work for lots of other people.

Unfortunately for me, Avocet went out of business long ago and nobody's making the O2 Air 40R anymore!

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles