View Single Post
Old 04-07-19, 03:36 PM
Witterings

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 569 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 29 Posts
2nd Hand Giant Defy or Something Else

I've been doing a lot of MTB riding over the last couple of years and more recently on a gravel bike and want to get a dedicated road bike to start doing some club rides, they have 3 groups for differing fitness / speeds with a no drop policy for the slowest group so though that'd be a good place to start.

The only road bike I'd seen any feedback on was a Defy where a couple of people happened to mention they loved theirs in a Gravel Bike thread.

I'm looking to buy 2nd hand mainly so if I don't keep it up (we're too spoilt for choice with gravel rides around here) and sell it on I won't lose much and the Defy's seem to be available from around £250 for some of the lower end models up to around the £700 mark for carbon and there are quite a few for sale which means I'll hopefully pick something up in a few weeks rather than having to wait months to find one.

Not knowing anything about them ... are these good bikes, any major plus's / minus's for them and anything else I should be looking at as "better" that will be around the same price bracket??

Last edited by Witterings; 04-07-19 at 03:52 PM.