Old 09-16-21, 08:06 PM
75lechamp 

Bikes: 1975 Motobecane LeChampion (silver lilac), 1974 Motobecane Grand Jubile (red/black); 1975 Motobecane Team Champion (orange); 1982 Pinarello Professional (Exorcist Green); 1974 Raleigh Professional MkIV mink blue, 1974 Motobecane Grand Record blk/red

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked 750 Times in 172 Posts
In praise of the lowly Tipo...

Jim, there's a bit of a discussion on this over on the CR list.... and also in my other post on my other build, a '72 Le Champ, someone acquired a Champion Team that has many of the features of this Super Champion. Still not quite sure what the Super Champion story really is.... Hugh Thornton, who has one of the original Bic team bikes, doubts this is a European version, but still would be fascinating to know "when is a Super Champion a Champion Team, and vice versa?"

Still trying to figure out what hubs to use. It came with these Nuovo Tipos, the rear is smooth as any Campy I've ever had, and the front is a bit dry, we'll see after the repack. These are not the special ones with the kidney cutouts, so probably this bike came originally with standard Records. Anyway, I went ahead and cleaned them up, they sure cleaned up nice. I think I am going to build them up for this bike anyway....