Old 01-19-23, 11:02 AM
vonfilm 

Bikes: 73 Super Sport, 86 Tempo, 86 Peloton, 87 Super Sport, 83 Peugeot PFN10, 76 Super Course MK IV, 94 Univega Alpina 5.5

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked 70 Times in 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Maelochs
Thank yo, sir, for agreeing with my point----that point being, that at no time was the pricing of expensive bicycles a mystery to you and that your original question and all your following comments were disingenuous.

You learned all this in business school all those years ago .... and just wanted to pretend to some sort of warped moral superiority because you place different monetary values on some things than do other people.

WeJust a troll thread, folks, nothing to see here ......
You call this a troll thread. I am trying to get people to think about not paying exorbitant profits to Manufacturers and their dealers.
Another I learned in business school is to not waste money on depreciating assets.
For the few racers, who could benefit from a state of the art $14,000 bicycle, they should get their sponsor or team to buy it for them. I was speaking with a young bicycle racer yesterday. He had just moved to Austin and w as working at my favorite LBS. He said he had all told about $5.000 in his racing bike and that it was plenty good enough to keep up with his team.

I met a lot of wealthy people during my career. Those that made their own fortunes inevitably wanted a very good deal and struck a hard bargain. A lot of these folks purchased used to avoid a lot of depreciation. Those that inherited wealth would easily part with full price and trade frequently for the latest thing, losing a lot of money with every transaction.
1983 Gitane Super Corsa
1991 Trek 750 Multitrack