View Single Post
Old 01-05-22, 11:59 AM
Sardines

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 48 Posts
You don't say how large your laptop is. I assume it's 13"? Do you care about aero? If not, klickfix and the like have quick release adapters for the stem, and you can attach laptop bags to the front.
Since you already have the Beam rack, with the dual side frame (I assume), you have to have the V version to take 20lbs, if you want to add the pannier laptop bag. Just make sure you have something between the screen and keyboard, to prevent screen damage from all the jostling around.
Another solution I found when my rear rack broke on a bike tour was actually the Topeak Tetrarack, which attaches to the seat stays and is easily removable via 4 connectors and can take . I've since seen numerous iterations from other brands. I've trunk bags with expandable side pockets for years and they are great for stuff like laptops and racquets, if you pad them correctly. A strong laptop bag like a Thule or Nacuwa and a towel around it will protect it. I bungied the pocket to the side frame as an added precaution.