View Single Post
Old 03-11-21, 03:53 AM
Kabuki12

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 878 Post(s)
Liked 2,296 Times in 1,283 Posts
Originally Posted by BFisher
New year, new wheels for the Moto GS. I took this nice set of Record hubs that I received from @BlueDevil63, and laced them to a pair of Wolber GTX rims that are in fantastic condition. For spokes I went with DT Swiss Competition. Got them laced as the world froze outside, and finally hit the road today as the temperature reached near 60F.

Nice job on the GS. I have one of these out for powder paint right now . I think it may be a year later than yours . It was red with slightly different Grand Sprint script and adjustable axel stops with screws. I have a set of Gentleman Super Champion wheels waiting for it. I will put Campy NR derailleurs and shifters from my stash. I am not sure of the brakes, it came with Spidel and I have set of Campy brakes I could put on. The original saddle is in fair shape but I will probably put on an Ideal I have.I only paid 20 bucks for the bike minus the wheels and other than some bubbling rust around the cable guides , the frame is in good shape. I almost didn’t want to repaint it but rust never sleeps. I am polishing up the parts getting ready for the build.