View Single Post
Old 01-16-22, 02:41 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by burnthesheep
I mean, it's a lot harder in a one-on-one scenario to close pass somebody with a 36" wide motorcycle versus an 80" wide Honda Odyssey minivan. You'd literally have to be trying to do it on purpose to be a turd. So not sure that's really any buy in to a friendlier relationship.

Meanwhile, minivans don't really rip country roads at 120mph on Saturday mornings either in a pack of 20.

Right. I think the general rule is complete indifference. But, yes, I've had drivers deliberately make the turd moves, and I've never seen that from a biker. I think jerkwad drivers think they're invulnerable and that empowers them to express their jerkwadiness in a way a jerkwad biker wouldn't.

I've had pleasant interactions on the road with cyclists, bikers and drivers. I think that occurs because there are decent people who operate any type of vehicle. We're not "team cyclist" or "team biker" on the road, we're just people riding two-wheeled vehicles.

Last edited by livedarklions; 01-16-22 at 02:45 PM.