View Single Post
Old 09-21-21, 01:25 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,099 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by bowwow
Wow! If you are blowing three tubes per year there is a problem. Perhaps you are not installing the tubes properly. There are lots of youtube videos that will show you the correct way to install a tube. Carrying three or four tubes with you sounds a bit extreme. I also ride thousands of miles per year, since I began using different tires, I have not had a single flat.

Riding alone a lot in no cell areas is foolish. I do occasionally lose service but I always make sure that if I am going to be in a no-service area for an extended period of time, I ride with at least one other cyclist.

Shop gloves, eh? Nah, not worth it, I very rarely get flats. But if I do get a flat... cellphone!
I don't like puncture proof tires and my GP5000s are resistant enough, I've used Marathons and Gatorskins, and I don't like the way they handle. I often ride on crappy roads because New England, but I don't think my trade-offs are unreasonable. I don't think I have a problem as it seems very proportional at about one tube per 2000 miles generally, but thanks for your "concern".

I spent the first several decades of my life riding alone in no cell phone areas because the cell phone hadn't been properly invented yet, so I guess I'll continue to take that risk. I honestly don't give a crap whether you think that's "foolish".

I frankly don't believe you're doing a lot of riding 25 miles from home at this point, and definitely feel you trolled this thread and essentially changed your story. Now, according to you, it never really happens anyway, so whatever.

I didn't say I carried 4 tubes, BTW, I was just making the spatial comparison. I usually carry two, one for any contingency for me, and one I can provide someone else if they're otherwise stranded without having to give up my backup..

Obviously, you've decided to play some petty game of gotcha here, so I'm done.
Likes For livedarklions: