Old 09-10-11, 10:17 PM
Soloist Assassin
Banned

Bikes: 2011 Cervelo S2, 2001Trek USPS 5200, 06 Cervelo P3 Alum, 1999 Schwinn Pro Stock BMX, 1987 Schwinn Traveler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rekmeyata
The one's I buy hold 24 oz's of fluid, that's not small. And heavy? Once any bottle is full it's heavy, what a thing to whine about. On hot days you need to bring down you core body temperature, and a non insulated bottle heats up too fast even if you freeze the bottle overnight it's unthawed and hot in an hour. With insulated bottles I can freeze one overnight and it will be ice cold with ice after 2 hours in 90 degree weather.

But regular bottles are great for someone who doesn't ride for more then hour.
I don't even use cold water anymore. I just put room temperature water in there, because usually by the time I need a drink it's hot anyway. Plus cold bottles drip condensation all over my frame, and then dirt sticks to it. I used to always be all about cold water, but it's just hard to have such a thing when in the heat of the summer. When I race however I try to always put ice in the bottle, it still heats up in about an hour or so. I've thought about using the polar bottles for racing, but the weight and size is a turn off, a 20oz is the size of a regular 24oz. I've spent a lot of money making my race bike sub 14lbs. It seems counter productive to put 130g bottles on it.