Old 08-10-22, 05:12 PM
xiaoman1 

Bikes: A few too many

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1364 Post(s)
Liked 2,178 Times in 1,182 Posts
Originally Posted by cudak888
For those who've mentioned the VO clamps rust: Won't deny that; VO should have made them in stainless; at least they'd be better than the old stuff that did the same thing.

What is it, Ben? I get the idea of what it is from the picture, but I can't get an idea of the material. Is it similar to clear tubing? If so, I have seen a few cases where that has pulled some lesser paint off after 20-30 years of being clamped to a frame.
-Kurt
Hi Kurt,
No it is a type of acetate film.., I buy it at the art store and it comes in various thicknesses as mentioned. I have not had any issues with it sticking or removing paint. You might think of it as a material that was used in making cell for animation etc. It can be purchased under many brand names...here is one.
Grafix Acetate is a cast cellulose Di-Acetate film used in many commercial art applications. Manufactured primarily from wood pulp, this film is 100% biodegradable and can be recycled, composted or incinerated.
  • Certified biodegradable
  • Easy to cut and tear
  • Exceptional clarity
  • FDA approved safe for food contact
This general-purpose plastic is an industry-standard in graphic arts, packaging, printing, and overlays.
Best, Ben

Voice recognition may sometimes create odd spelling and grammatical errors

Likes For xiaoman1: