MoAlpha
• —

Bikes: Shmikes

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10165 Post(s)
Liked 5,856 Times in 3,153 Posts
Originally Posted by MinnMan
It was daylight and he was on a road with broad shoulders - though it's a 4 lane highway and traffic is fast. My guess is that an over-tired or distracted trucker drifted onto the shoulder and clipped him.
I have ridden similar roads in the Las Vegas area because there aren't other choices for key routes. You can be doing everything "right", but when you choose to ride on those kinds of highways, you are putting your life in the hands of others.

He was killed on the same highway (though not nearby) as this tragedy
https://www.velonews.com/news/road/t...ear-las-vegas/
Very sorry to hear this and I think your guess is the best one.

A couple of years ago I was in a left turn lane and was hit by an overtaking driver on my right side, which means they had to have hit me with the driver's side of the vehicle in broad daylight, me with a very bright rear flasher. The driver never stopped and I was left unconscious on the road. There were witnesses and description of a luxury SUV, but no plate number. I think this had to have been pure distraction and absolutely nothing I could have done would have made a difference.

The unwillingness of this fellow human, probably a neighbor in this, wealthy, hyper-educated, liberal community, to stop, still chills me whenever I think about it.