View Single Post
Old 03-01-21, 09:19 PM
2WheelsNYC

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by joewein
Congratulations on completing what must have been an extremely boring Century! :-D

I also use my B17 with non-padded clothes and felt a pad was overkill with a B17 as both the saddle and the pad yield to pressure. Having both just felt overly squishy.

Having said that, I do need to make sure I periodically spend some time not seated, either by standing on the pedals or by getting off the bike for a break. I often stand on the pedals when coasting and the hardest part for my rear end are long climbs where I can't coast.

Your knee pain could be to do with saddle height more than with saddle type. Either try modifying the saddle position or ask a bike fitter to check you out.
Thanks Joe! After using the B17 for awhile, do other saddles give you any trouble? I have a new bike with a B17 this year, and have about 1k miles on it. I recently rode my previous setup and immediately noticed some discomfort.

I'll try experimenting with the height. Someone also mentioned to look into my crank length. Fortunately the pain (at the knee and elsewhere) has been temporary.