View Single Post
Old 04-25-22, 12:35 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11030 Post(s)
Liked 7,576 Times in 4,226 Posts
Originally Posted by 996
Awesome bike. How do you like that frame? What fork do you have on there?

What is your gearing setup? Also - I have a pair of those Gravel King SS's - what size are those? lol sorry 21 questions.

Thanks for sharing
No apologies, its a forum about bikes...so talking bikes is gonna happen.

I love the frame. The design elements are very well thought out and the newer version is only better than mine in terms of thought and design. I bought the frame in part due to how I nerded out on the design plan that was written by the company owner, but more importantly the geometry fit exactly what I wanted out of a new frame. The stack and reach were great(I am taller), the trail and bb drop worked for how I like a bike to feel when riding, and I really liked the simplicity of the build(27.2 seatpost, external cables, etc). Its an 853 main triangle and basic 4130 rear triangle due to how much manipulation they put into the stays. The front half is welded and the rear half is brazed. Kinda cool. It is not super light due to having to pass fatigue testing, but it is incredibly dent resistant as a result.

The fork is the stock Cempa fork that comes with Fairlight Secan frames. It has an internal route for the brake hose and thru axle, so pretty standard stuff. The new version Cempa fork has mounts for Anything cages, which I think is an improvement. The steerer is longer than most forks which I really liked since its needed due to the taller headtube and frame size.

The tires are 43mm. The frame can handle up to 700x47, I believe.