View Single Post
Old 12-03-18, 09:11 PM
krispenhartung

Bikes: S-Works Venge Dura-Ace DI2, KTM Strada 4000, Fuji Norcom Straight 1.3 (TT), Fuji Track Elite, BMC Trackmachine TR02

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by carleton
Don't do 1cm.

Start with a 130mm stem...TRUST. Don't think. Just do it.

130mm stem. Pick a stem angle and risers to put your hands similarly above the tire line as you have them now. Essentially sliding your hands forward 3cm.

Video/mark the session. Report back. You'll be amazed.

EDIT:

Also, if you have one, use a rear wheel trainer (mag or fluid) that way you don't have to worry about staying upright on rollers. Mag is preferred because you can add resistance and see if and how your form changes under load.
Interesting. 130mm worries me a bit. I have a relatively shorter torso than average, meaning it looks proportionately shorter than my legs, or conversely, my legs look proportionately longer than my torso. I can certainly try it. $40 for a 130mm 3T ARX II PRO (+/-6) STEM isn't a big deal. The problem is that if I go 130mm, this will push my stem out and also up. In order to keep my hands vertically where they are now, I would need a stem that is angled less than 6 degrees.

However, since I just raised my seat 1.5cm, I can probably afford to raise my stem a bit, right?

Last edited by krispenhartung; 12-03-18 at 09:31 PM.