Old 12-04-18, 06:43 PM
taras0000
Lapped 3x

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by taras0000
Your bars will rise 3 to 5mm. You'll actually be "lower" up front, as well as being further forward.
Originally Posted by krispenhartung
ok, I'm confused, Right now I have a 100mm stem on the bike and it is flipped, so it is angled up. If I put a 130mm stem on it, also flipped, that will push it forward, and also up (higher). Am I being dyslexic here?

I noticed you already ordered your parts. I'll just clarify the point I was making. You mentioned that your saddle was 1.5 cm too low. You said you were going to readjust it by moving it up 1 cm. The increase in bar height is going to be less than the increase in saddle height, leaving you with a net increase in saddle to bar drop, hence the "lower" position. With your 8mm increase in bar height, you're left with a 2mm increase in saddle to bar drop compared to your set up now.

You can use the stem calculator to also play with seat adjustments. If you're going to keep the saddle clamped in the same position on the post, then adjust the stem values for extension and angle to "0". For height, input the change in saddle height. You can do this by setting RED to "0" and the blue to your increase, or set the red and blue to any numbers that give you your desired differential. Lets use a bike with a 73* seat tube. For an increase of 30mm inline with the seat tube, you get a 29mm vertical increase, and 9mm of increased set back.