View Single Post
Old 04-22-19, 07:01 PM
350htrr

Bikes: 27 speed ORYX with over 39,000Kms on it and another 14,000KMs with a BionX E-Assist on it

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1024 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Khb
Well, the original battery was replaced early, around 5500 miles. I normally charge at the office, so more than 50% SoC almost always. But I do commute in the snow, and cold takes a toll on battery capacity and life as well. Assuming the Stromer SoC algorithm (for the display) is doing a credible job, I should still be able to do 30 miles with some headroom (say 10% SoC). I don't try to experimentally verify ;> As temps warm, and when I remove the studded tires, I hope it goes back up a bit ;>
OK, that explains a lot... BUT, that is still 6,500 miles on one battery, and if you are taking it down to 10% basically every charge... That is still a wonder it lasted that long, JMO as to how I understand how battery life is effected by how much you charge it and how much you take it down to... In other words "if" you charge a battery up to 100%, you loose life expectancy, or "if" you take it below 20% charge you loose life expectancy… Put them both together... and … that is one huge kick in the rear to a battery's "life expectancy", again as I understand it.