Old 08-01-19, 11:13 PM
jade408

Bikes: Working on replacing my stolen Soma Buena Vista Mixte

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 417 Post(s)
Liked 95 Times in 44 Posts
No because:
1. I will choose other modes if it is outside of my bike-able or bike+transit range. I'll also say no to biking if the hill is too big
2. e-bikes are pretty heavy and unwieldy, so it would be hard to get it into my apartment (or office)
3. charging would be hard in or out of my apartment. The outlets in my apartment are located in horrible positions

But whenever the ebikes make it back to my bike share, I am happy to keep it in the arsenal. I have tried the ebikes and liked them! There are some routes that have big hills the I skip. The ebike opens up all sorts of destinations. I don't foresee myself owning one unless I have a lot of space and convenient plug. And no stairs to carry the bike up! I struggle enough trying to park the deckles e-bike from bike share in front of my apartment (I live on a slightly hilly street).

But I think e-bikes count as bike and happy to see them proliferate. But for me personally, they are still a little too heavy and funny looking. . (Save the Faradays! They are really cute.)