View Single Post
Old 05-26-21, 08:33 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 768 Post(s)
Liked 1,744 Times in 1,015 Posts
Originally Posted by palihustlaod
Hey everyone.

I just bought my 1st Trek bike. Did no research on it and bought it as an impulse buy since there's no bikes anywhere. I really liked the bike but realized later that I may have an issue with a bike rack. Here's the bike that I bought.

www(dot)trekbikes(dot)com/us/en_US/bikes/hybrid-bikes/recreation-bikes/verve/verve-2-disc-lowstep/p/32734/ - Make sure to change the (dot) to an actual period.

I've been looking around for a 2" hitch bike rack that locks in from the wheels. I saw the 1up Heavy Duty Rack and really like it, but it's out of stock, like everything else. Correct me if I'm wrong, since my bike doesn't have the "top bar" that connects one side of the frame to the other, I can't use a regular rack because the racks usually have a post that goes under the "top bar" of the bike to hold it and then you can strap it in.

Please correct me if I'm wrong and are there any other recommendations of a good hitch rack that I should buy? I'm actually doing more research this time around.

Thank you!
1Ups are not out of stock, they just take some time to get. I bought mine a couple of months ago and it took about 5 weeks to receive.