serious cyclist

Bikes: S1, R2, P2

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9334 Post(s)
Liked 3,679 Times in 2,026 Posts
Originally Posted by Mojo31
The big issues with our LG washer and drier are -

The washer bounces around so much that it will move 6 to 8 inches with each load. We've had it balanced multiple times, but have been told "that's just what they do."

The sealing ring around the door holds where and gets mildew and smells. We dry it regularly, but still have to take it completely off on a regular basis to clean it really well. Tools required. PITA and always has a smell.

Dryer does not evacuate lint. It gets past the screen and gets stuck in the unit even though we clean the screen with each load. Requires disassembly of the inside of the thing to be able to vacume all the stuck lint out. Tools required and it is an awkward job requiring you to stick your head inside the machine. Oh, and the lint gets moist causing the machine and clothes to stink.

All my research says these are common LG issues.

I'd do some research before plopping down the stack it will take to buy the stuff. Our machines were about $2k 5 or 6 years ago. I'd toss them today, but don't want to spend money on replacements.

Definitely would not buy LG again.
Originally Posted by BillyD
I won’t either, now.
We have an LG washer from a decade ago which is fine, other than needing a replacement water wall last year. The matching dryer lasted until we lacked a gas hookup and got a cheap Amana, which is also fine.

At the old house we had an LG fridge, which despite the reviews was much better than the POS Samsung we have now. Quieter and far more usable space than the Samsung, which also frequently has drawers popping out.