Old 06-28-20, 12:27 PM
urbanOrange

Bikes: 2020 Trek FX Sport 4, 2014 Specialized Sirrus Elite Disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Danno85
How do you like those bar ends? I just recently starting bike riding and bought a 2020 FX 3 disc and it has been great. Only complaints are 1. the seat (but that may be my untrained rear end) and 2. hand numbness after about 5 miles. I have gone through a whole lot of this thread and maybe I missed it a couple folks have had those ergo bar ends but I haven't seen anyone say how they compared to regular bar ends and why they went with them. Thanks in advance for any info!
They definitely help my hands out on longer rides for reducing tingling/numbness. I also try to keep my wrists less bent when on the normal grips, which helps. Thus far, I haven't been riding with gloves, but to protect my hands from the sun, I just ordered a pair of cycling gloves with some padding that should also help reduce and better distribute pressure on the nerves. I chose these over others primarily because they're designed to integrate with my stock Satellite IsoZone Plus grips (with an adapter). The Ergon ones would have been my second choice, but I didn't want to replace the entire grip. I didn't like the look of the Bontrager Satellite+ Isozone Bar Ends, but they probably would have worked for me as well, as far as comfort goes.

Last edited by urbanOrange; 06-28-20 at 12:36 PM.