View Single Post
Old 08-02-20, 07:11 PM
trainchaser

Bikes: my bikes: Old: 1965 Schwinn 10 speed, 72 Monshee 12 speed, 77 Norco 12 speed, 95 Trek 850, two Specialized Crosstrails, 2016 Specialized carbon Sirrus. New 2020 Trek FX1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by m4rk
Hello all!

I've been looking at getting a Trek FX3 Disc, I saw only a few models had been updated to the new 2021 model. Overnight it seems the 2020 Trek FX 3 Disc has become the 2021 Trek FX 3, with no change to spec or colour. I wonder whether Corona has caused it.

I was kinda hoping they would have moved to a 1x drivetrain for 2021. I absolutely hate triple crank on the FX1 and FX2 otherwise they would be considered.

Are these FX models a comfortable ride? I have had a couple of bikes in my adult life and I can't say I was happy with either. (CUBE Peloton road bike, Boardman Hybrid Pro). My main issue is reach, I'm 5'8", 30" inseam but I feel like a lot of bikes have crazy long reach and I am not fit enough to be stretched out over a bike for long periods of time. I want a bike that is more upright, I'm hoping the Trek FX is that bike.

I've also been looking at similar bikes, like the Giant Escape and Fastroad, but from what I understand the Fastroad is more a flat bar road bike.
Hi, I have a medium frame 2020 FX1, I wanted an FX3 but they were all sold out for this year, I'm 5'8" and my inseam is close to 30, I have short legs and long torso and actually found the FX frame to be a bit cramped. My plan is to gradually upgrade the drivetrain to a higher spec with a 2x9 setup, I replaced the saddle with an Ergon touring saddle because I needed the width as I have wide sit bones, also replaced the grips with Ergon GP2's and the pedals are dual side Shimano flat/SPD's. I played around with the stem, the seat height and the seat rails until the bike felt comfortable. I lowered the stem by 10mm and the saddle is positioned toward the rear of it's allowable travel. So far I'm now happy with the fit of the bike and I would recommend it to you.

Cheers,