View Single Post
Old 03-19-13, 03:01 PM
Hoss Cartright

Bikes: Schwinns, lots of them. Some Paramounts

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
The "cattery" with enclosed 'catwalk' bridge that attaches to my wife's art studio (Formerly our garage) My friend John is a master carpenter. He helped me build it. It took us two days to set-up and we had one evening in his workshop building the catwalk and access door. The magnetic cat-door mounted in the side wall was a $2.00 yard sale find, new in box. The catwalk has a downward tilt for water run-off and tucks up under the eve of the building. The wood is all treated type. (The new non-toxic kind) We dug down into the yard and trenched the sides and added the lower side boards so they couldn't dig under.
I have about $500.00 in it. We expect it to last about six or eight years.
Squirrels have the run of the exterior and drive the cats nuts..
The wire was small enough to prevent injury, and is attached with heavy hammer-in staples.
A lot of people have done this., There are companies selling kits etc.. And some videos on YouTube. Some people get pretty elaborate with these things. They can also be built out of PVC pipe. We just downloaded a bunch of images from a Google image search and built it from a hand drawn set of plans based on the space we had available. It is nine feet square and eight feet tall. The cat-walk was necessary to have access to an area behind our garage where we keep the mower and yard tools. Many people build these attached directly to the side of the building.

click on images to enlarge

Attached Images

Last edited by Hoss Cartright; 03-19-13 at 03:04 PM.
Likes For Hoss Cartright: