View Single Post
Old 07-23-16, 10:41 PM
ColonelSanders
Banned.

Bikes: 2017 Surly Troll with XT Drive Train, 2017 Merida Big Nine XT Edition, 2016 Giant Toughroad SLR 2, 1995 Trek 830

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1916 Post(s)
Liked 312 Times in 220 Posts
Originally Posted by adamc1303
Hey new here. I just got my self a Sirrus Carbon X1. I used to be very into cycling around 13 years ago. I was on a bike 7 days a week for both commuting and leisure. I have gained a lot of weight since then and now weigh 343 LB. I just went through weight loss surgery and lost 35 lb in the last 6 weeks. I should keep losing wight very quickly for the next few months. However I was reading that there are weight limits for some bikes. I also noticed that the carbon frame is very soft, meaning I can squeeze it a bit. Do I have to worry about ruining this bike frame? Or can it handle me for a little while as long as I keep getting lighter ? I do have an old Allez that I really don't want to use because I really enjoy the way I feel on this bike Vs. a more aggressive road bike.

In addition I have been reading that the stick wheels are very heavy. What is a good wheel set to go with on this bike?

Here's a picture of the new bike.

Thanks,

Adam
I'd stay with the stock wheels for a while, unless you are unhappy with them from the start.

You might find that you are happy with them, as noticeably better wheels will probably cost you near half the price of your bike.