Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6197 Post(s)
Liked 4,814 Times in 3,321 Posts
Originally Posted by YoungGoat
Sauerkraut is highly complicated.<GG> It requires cabbage, a cutting board, sharp knife and preferably a moat crock. Pack sliced cabbage into crock with stomper. Its supplies its own "yeast". Very rich in vitamin K-2 which controls calcium distribution and possibly will distribute to clear cardiac arteries. Homemade has different taste than store bought due to different fermentation process. I like it better. Initial cost about 140 ish. I have 2 moat crocks. Dont like open top crocks but have 2. Eat mainly a self invented recipe of caraway kraut.
Yes I've read how complicated it is. <grin>

My issue is my wife. She imagines it's going to fill the house with smells she doesn't want to smell while it's fermenting. I also remember my dad saying that all the sauerkraut his mom made in the cellar stunk to high heaven when he was a kid.

So I thought I'd wait till I could leave it in the garage to ferment. Though it's finally not topping 100°F in there anymore, it's still gets quite warm. Though I doubt one batch will be anything like the number of crocks my grandmother must have had going way back long before I was even born. That would have been in the 19-teens when my dad was a kid.