View Single Post
Old 05-04-16, 11:51 AM
BobG

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Liked 117 Times in 82 Posts
I agree that Crazy Guy is not the perfect website for just viewing travel photos as requested by Siu in the Touring pics thread. Those sites linked to by str, Max, Blarney and others indeed provide high quality photos. I just don't agree that Crazy Guy is "poorly organized and user unfriendly", "outdated" or "difficult to navigate or use".

For example a few weeks back a forum member opened a thread asking for suggestions for a two week tour on the Great Divide. I replied with a trip suggestion that I had taken over 10 years previously and I couldn't remember it's exact duration. I went to CGOAB and quickly did this search...

Routes>N America>US>ACA>GDMBR= 92 hits

I quickly scanned the contents of several journals and was able to edit my reply regarding the estimated days of my suggested trip. Only because of the highly organized format of the site I was able to find that info in about 5 minutes.

I find the blog format to be the most awkward unless one starts to follow a trip on Day 1. Say a trip starts in May and I don't start following until August. Assuming the blog is organized by months, I then need to click back to May to start reading at Chapter 1. When I arrive at the May entry I then need to scroll, scroll, scroll all the way to the bottom of the page to read the first entry. I then have to scroll back up the page, but not too far, to read entry 2. I find the CGOAB format much more user friendly to navigate.