View Single Post
Old 11-20-22, 10:01 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4367 Post(s)
Liked 4,006 Times in 2,675 Posts
I would say maybe try some stretching especially at stops before riding again that is always helpful when you have to stop or want to stop and at the beginning and really end of a ride (though I am bad at it sometimes)

Going back to the original topic I would try the SIS Isotonic gels as you don't need water to get those down. I typically on a road ride will keep them in my jersey and if I am not reusing that jersey before able to wash it I will just put the old pack back in sometimes with a little folding or rolling. Or you can take a newspaper bag (or some small bag and just throw them in there when finished. They are generally pretty doable one handed or use the sort of race position holding your hands where you might have tri bars if they weren't banned in UCI road races, for a short bit to open it and then take it down.

For other storage a top tube bag would work well or use one of the feedbags that a lot of adventure/gravel/bikepacking/yadayda cyclists are using.

I might also try a good smoothie before going out. Banana, frozen strawberries, kale (frozen is fine), some nuts (cashews or almonds are my favorites but you do you) and water is a good place to start you can add some vanilla and maybe a pinch of salt or if you really need it some sugar or agave or something. That can help if you need something easier to go down sometimes solid food in the morning can be tough.