TMonk
Not actually Tmonk

Bikes: road, track, mtb

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2593 Post(s)
Liked 3,082 Times in 1,632 Posts
2020 racing stories

Started 2020 off with a course record in the Men's 20k TTT at the Fiesta Island Time Trial (FITT) series. The four of us rode a 24:56 20k. To put that result into perspective, the course record for the Men's 20k ITT is only 24:07 ... but that was set in warmer temperatures by a pro (Sam Boardman).

We had zero practice (a mid week session fell through), one of our four was brand new to riding with us and TTT and the island had all sorts of dried mud from the recent rains that sapped speed, and it was cold, and..... Excuses, I know. Our ride was pretty janky/could be smoothed out a lot. In april we will be going for the 40k TTT which is 48:51... yeah we have our work cut out for us.

The ride was good for ~25 minutes of ~29.5 MPH. I spent the first two and a half (of three) scared that I was going to get dropped, then the last half lap hurting a lot... But I think that's a bout right, as far as effort distribution goes. Looking fwd to more ITT and TTT work in 2020!

Our squad looking fly in the 2019 SCNCA skinsuits - I'm the shorter of the two on the top step