View Single Post
Old 03-25-20, 05:15 PM
cmh

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked 327 Times in 161 Posts
Thanks for popping in with your perspective psimet. Consider this a good place to rant.

I happen to be an optimist around the economy and industry (not so much around our willingness to distance socially). Yes, many restaurants and shops (bike and otherwise) are going to be unable to weather this closure and the longer economic downturn that results from all this. And I feel terrible for those shop owners and their employees. But in the end other shops will open, restaurants will re-open or new ones in their place, and most all of us will get by. And bike racing will happen again.

Personally, the entire company I work for will essentially go to 1/2 time (and 1/2 pay) in early April (except for some manufacturing workers getting temporarily laid off). The intent is to be able to come out the other side without permanent lay-offs, but we'll see. Hopefully it is for a short enough time that I can weather the financial hit without trouble. I realize my financial situation is much better than many have it right now, so I'm not complaining. It is what it is for me.

Stay healthy.