Old 10-11-20, 09:07 AM
ridethecliche
Batüwü Creakcreak

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked 288 Times in 160 Posts
Originally Posted by himespau
The cdc data isn't wrong, it's just a major error in logic to assume that, if covid isn't the only thing on the death certificate (and politics may play a role in what gets put there), that it isn't the true cause of death and individuals would still have died without it. If someone were to do the same analysis for the flu, they would find an even lower percentage of deaths where the flu was the only factor that contributed to death. Also, have you seen the data about cadiomyopathy (that's permanent) in young athletes who get it? That'd be scaring the **** out of me if I were the parent of a young athlete.
Cardiomyopathy, question of permanent lung scarring, recent developments of so called 'long haul syndrome', etc. I don't know why people want to express such e-expertise on something we know so little about, especially regarding long term outcomes.

The best part is that the vast majority of these so called 'draconian' measures would have largely been unnecessary if there had been a coordinated response and if masks weren't seen as some sort of threat to freedom.

Regardless, there are plenty of places where people that actually want to know more about the nature of the illness can direct their attention and read: NEJM, JAMA, and the lancet being some good examples.

Isaac Asimov said it far more eloquently than I could ever hope to so I'll just leave his words from 1980 here:
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way throughout political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”"
Likes For ridethecliche: