Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Sy Reene
No idea how good these are. https://www.travelkuppe.com/
I just ordered one from Amazon and will report back with the experience

Originally Posted by GhostRider62
And, drinking 120F water is not pleasant. It probably would cool you more pouring it over sun arms and leggings than drinking it at that temp.
That's exactly the point -- reducing the core temperature just does not happen with water that hot. Yesterday was an aberration, with temps of 116 by the time we were done; reason is that we started later than usual, and then we met some nice guys on the ride and stopped at one of the guys' house to drink some cold lemonade and have a look at his superb classic Italian bikes. So it was 10am by the time we were done. It was nonetheless worth it, as we made new friends. I think we both had mild heat shock; my wife was nauseous right away, and we were both more fatigued than usual the whole day. Today I rode alone, admittedly a much shorter ride, but was done by 6 am; temps were still in the 70s. It's probably ok to ride up to about 8:30 in the summer.

So my main interest is to see if we can keep the water cooler a little longer. Will start freezing plastic bottles and see where that takes us. Convenience stores and Starbucks are great to buy cold sparkly water, and that may be the best solution after all.

Originally Posted by drlogik
When I lived in Scottsdale Arizona I just got used to drinking hot water on summer rides. I got my bottles at Landis on Scottsdale Road and Shea blvd. Their branded bottles are pretty good and large.
Haha I live not too far from that store and frequent them. Small world.