Old 08-24-21, 08:25 PM
Russ Roth

Bikes: 2010 Carrera Volans, 2015 C-Dale Trail 2sl, 2017 Raleigh Rush Hour, 2017 Blue Proseccio, 1992 Giant Perigee, 80s Gitane Rallye Tandem

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1079 Post(s)
Liked 1,019 Times in 719 Posts
Originally Posted by carpediemracing
I'm committed to going Tues tomorrow. I'll bring a folding hand cart (I already own it) as I don't want to invest in some rolling thing yet. I'll carry my toolbox, a medium cooler, a bit of track stuff (rings etc), a backpack with soft goods, and wheels and bike. Food may be a challenge but I think I should be okay. Oh, rollers. At least they fold.

If a bigger rolling thing makes sense I'll get one Wed (I scoped out a rolling cooler which doubles as something to sit on, and rolling tool boxes that look like hard case versions of rolling luggage).

Then this Friday we'll head down as a family, hopefully catch the Fri Night races, then Sat I'll race/ride.
Look into a tool backpack. I bought one this year after bringing my daughter there and found getting over the track to be a bit much with two bikes, tools, and other stuff. On the Saturdays I've gone I haven't seen much of them stopping family from going into the middle. I don't bother with a repair stand, I just flip the bike upside down. I did buy chairs with built in covers since the sun can be hot and intense there especially over several hours.
I'd hoped to be racing this Sat but found out that NY state Jr track is this Sat so she's racing that and I'm cheering her on. I'm not the best for advice on gearing, I race 4/5 and I'm last half the time and close to last the other half. I ran a 51/13 in the last race and had my best results yet, started with a 48/14 and was very quickly dropped but I'm also not a fast spinner. I know others are running similar gearing and even higher. It's a fun place, just wish last sat hadn't been rained out for me, won't travel with a better than 40% chance of rain, not worth the gas and lost registration.