Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6189 Post(s)
Liked 4,806 Times in 3,315 Posts
Originally Posted by DMC707
Di2 is a wired system. You need to figure out a clean way to route them, - but there are seat tube batteries. Its very do-able, but needs some thought for a clean appearance vs modern stuff that is already drilled for internal wiring.

SRAM AXS however, is not a wired system
Yes that is somewhat true. And for most "casual" DIYer's I can see where that would nix it for them. However "dedicated and determined" DIYer's even way back in the vintage days were putting cables for shifters and brakes inside frames that didn't come stock with internal routing.

Di2 wires come in all lengths, so with the correct mounting externally, it can look just as good as the external cable housings that are already on it. Di2 front and rear DR's and any of the components can even share the same wire run with y's or splits at appropriate places as they rely on signaling and not just on/off voltage.

Though off the top of my head, the only issue will be if Di2 ever had a cable pulled STI for the bakes. I thought it did, but without looking it up, I can't be certain.