View Single Post
Old 09-29-22, 07:17 AM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked 178 Times in 116 Posts
Originally Posted by jaxy357
Hi everyone, this is my first post and I need to get to 10 posts before I can show you pics of my bikes...both vintage road bikes, one kept on campus, the other at home. I commute about 18 miles, most of which is by train. I live 3 miles from the train station and then my office is 1 mile from the train station on the other end. Hoping to use my Stella Arctic bike I just got yesterday to ride to the train station near my house. The main road there has a nice wide bike lane but has a lot of traffic noise from I-495 right next to it.

Do you all use phone mounts to listen to music while you ride? Seems a little "extra" but might be nice to have.

By the way, I haven't ridden a bike in like 20 years so I'm super excited to be back out there again!
Welcome! Glad to have you back to commuting.

Split commutes are a good way to make long distances (or harsh weather) bike-commutable. I do that sometimes in the winter when the temps drop below -10° F. I'll ride a little over a mile to the bus stop, then take the bus downtown, then ride another 1/2 mile to the office.

Myself, I don't listen to music when I ride. I like to hear what's going on around me and the sounds of nature. I know some others do listen to music, so it's a personal preference thing.