View Single Post
Old 01-09-22, 01:55 PM
sebasbike

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by TejanoTrackie
I see no reason to change frames, unless you intend to compete seriously. An aluminum frame will generally be stiffer than a steel frame, mostly due to the larger size tubing, and it might also be lighter and/or more aerodynamic. However, the Bareknuckle has true track geometry, so it will have the same good track handling as an aluminum or carbon track frame. I might add that for the first thirty years of track racing, I rode a steel track bike (Schwinn Paramount P14) and never found it lacking.

As to training, well what is the purpose of your training ? Are you planning to compete, or are you doing this for health and fitness ? When I used to train at the track, I was preparing for specific types of racing events. If you could be more specific, maybe I or other experienced track riders/racers could provide some recommendations.
thanks for the quick reply, i guess mostly for health and fitness but who knows down the line. if i get good enough i would really enjoy participating in races but for now just health and fitness. i would really like to improve my endurance since ive never done anything "endurance" related. i've played soccer for most of my life but i wouldn't consider it and "enduring" if that even is a word as cycling is.

at my level any info regarding endurance training even basic cycling endurance training will be greatly appreciated.

ive been to the drome around 6 times now and going again when i finish this post , i started 2 weeks ago (it is a 15 min ride away from my house)

my usual way to start is just doing 5-6 laps at a fast pace, my legs usually die so i stop for around 10 mins then do it again, i repeat for like 4-5 times. i dont know if that is considered training and i know i started fairly recently ago but i do want to make the best of my time there.

Thanks any info will be greatly appreciated!

also kind of a dumb question but my bike is a 54 and i think its a size to big on me, will this affect my "comfort" down the line or is it good?