Old 04-13-21, 04:05 PM
Barry2 
LR÷P=HR

Bikes: 1981 Holdsworth Special, 1993 C-dale MT3000 & 1996 F700CAD3, 2018 Cervelo R3 & 2022 R5, JustGo Runt, Ridley Oval, Kickr Bike 8-)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 848 Post(s)
Liked 1,161 Times in 671 Posts
Weight loss

I've gone from ~225+ to 184 in two years while still eating 3 meals a day.

A couple of things helped along the weigh (pun intended).

1. As a lethargic and uncontrolled Type II diabetic, Trulicity really got the ball rolling.
It got me in-control and began the first 8 months of weight loss.
The drug is also an appetite suppressant, leading to better habits.

2. From 9 months onward, cycling kept the weight loss moving.
But don't be fooled by inaccurate/bloated calorie estimates from any of the exercise/pulse rate monitors.

3. A Power Meter gave me accurate reading of my power output. Because the efficiency of the average Human is known, apps can then more accurately calculate my calorie expenditure from cycling.
Mix this known expenditure with calorie counting of foods consumed and you get a good picture of where you are regarding daily calorie intake.
Personally I like the MyFitnessPal app. It imports exercise directly from Strava and Scans the bar codes on foods to make calorie counting easier. I'm sure there are many more apps, but I like this one & it's free.

BTW - I found Trulicity to be a fantastic drug for lethargic me. But as 6-7 days a week cyclist me, it apparently robbed my of all my Glycogen and stopped me getting faster for months..
With my Endocrinologist's blessing I stopped taking it. My power output watts for a given heart rate, increased 40% in 5 weeks.
Your mileage may vary. Beware... Then came a whole new can-of-worms, controlling my blood glucose levels without it. I'm still working on that one.

Barry
Likes For Barry2: