View Single Post
Old 01-10-05, 05:05 PM
barepedles

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the respones. I remember some of the names...not all by far..I have been trying to figure out who rode when..I had a chance to ride along with some of the team in my home town when they came to our "milk races" I think the second year they were there it was sponsored by Lowenbrau!! Never did figure how a beer company sponsored milk races!? Anyway..I believe it would have been 83-85 range..I do know for sure that I rode with Eric Hyden one of the two years. He stayed at a freinds house during his stay there. (Host families). I guess I have too much time on my hands, but I've been trying to place names with dates just to see who may have been working for who and so on. Back then I didn't know much about who the big riders were. We were too busy riding and didn't have time to read and watch TV like I do now as I tell about all I could have been! LOL.....BTW I come from a pretty small town so it was a big thing for a kid into cycling to have these guys stop by. You guys from big cities probably wouldn't think twice. But the 6 or 8 of us that were into cycling talked for months about riding with those guys!