Old 07-22-22, 12:26 PM
smd4

Bikes: 1989 Cinelli Supercorsa

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3510 Post(s)
Liked 2,924 Times in 1,774 Posts
Originally Posted by reroll
I have bikes just like yours and as you would know, bicycle parts and components which get used can break or wear out and need replacement. The trouble which you and I share is in finding replacement parts and components for our bikes because so many of today's American and European bicycle dealers have switched over to newer technologies which have nothing to do with our older bikes. It would be more likely to find what we need in Europe or Canada than in the USA and then there are Asian / Eastern bicycle parts and components businesses which commonly deal with bicycles and bicycle technologies the West was using years and even decades ago.
I don't really have the "trouble" of which you speak.

I have enough tires, cables, tubes and brake shoes to last me until I don't need them any more.

Finding parts is a non-issue for me. Over the past two years I've picked up two new 7700 hubs (front and rear), a couple new derailleurs, NIB brake hoods, a couple sets of brand-new cleat plates for my 38-year-old pedals and NIB toe straps. I picked up a spare set of Veloflex 700 x 23C tires when it looked like they'd be going bye-bye. It's all out there if you're patient, and if you get the stuff before you actually need it.
Likes For smd4: