View Single Post
Old 09-02-22, 09:44 AM
Harhir

Bikes: Fahrradmanufaktur Trekking Bike, 2 x Lightning Phantom, bikeE AT, Radwagon3

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked 139 Times in 73 Posts
If you decide to go for recumbents I strongly recommend to buy used.
1. Choice of bikes: There are way more brands out there which no longer exist or no longer make recumbents. Burley, Cycle Genius, BikeE, Trek, Vison... Just to mention a few. Meaning you have a wider choice with used ones than with new ones. Most components are generic and most parts are available.
2. Prices for used ones: The market for 2 wheel recumbents has collapsed. Not many people want to buy 2 wheel recumbents anymore. This is why many companies stopped making them or are out business. Used ones can be found cheap compared to what they cost new a few years ago. You won't loose to much money if you sell a used bike vs selling one you bought new. But still then it can take time to sell one. I have bought and sold quite a few in the past years and it took weeks to sell them.
That also brings me to another point. Most makers of recumbents only offer(ed) one type of seat fits all. If you are a tall rider like me and/or have back problems like me you need to find a bike that works for you. Meaning you have to try various bikes. And sometimes you only find out after many days or miles. This is another reason for me to buy used. Sell it if it does not work and try another one without breaking the bank.

Just my two cents....