View Single Post
Old 09-29-22, 09:51 AM
bampilot06

Bikes: Madone, Emonda, 5500, Ritchey Breakaway

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10237 Post(s)
Liked 5,184 Times in 2,225 Posts
I didn’t set the bar too high this week, I wonder who will knock me off?

In Ritchey news, some significant happenings. On yesterdays ride, out of no we’re it would shift to the big ring. The front derailer would shift, but it wasn’t enough to move the chain to the big ring. I tried adjusting the High but all I managed to do was make the chain rub on the little ring. Will have to play with that more.

I also removed the tape. Y’all successfully made me self conscious about my brake cable routing so I’m going to fix that. I also move the hoods down about 7 degrees and then tilted them inward significantly. I was finding the hoods to be uncomfortable at the height they were at, and I plan on tilting all my hoods in. The way I ride with my forearms parrallel to the ground it causes me to tilt my wrist back when I am on the hoods. Still have to test ride it to make sure I like it, I might have to bring them back up a degree or two.

Funny, I had my LBS wrap my other two bikes in the past and both times I asked them to tilt the hoods in, and both times they barely had any angle. They thought I was nuts, but it makes sense to me.