View Single Post
Old 10-08-22, 06:51 AM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4196 Post(s)
Liked 2,912 Times in 1,781 Posts
Originally Posted by nc99
Was this answered already? What % of Zwifters can do it?

I've never raced but may start soon; only been riding three years. I can hold far more standing for an hour than seated for an hour. Is that normal? I could post my recent ride #s and weight/age but unless people want to know, there seem to be enough individuals saying either they can or can't hold 300W.
Honestly, in a Zwift race, it doesn't really matter. All that matters is how many matches you've got to burn. Unless, of course, you're doing an hour long time trial or a race up Alpe du Zwift or Ven-Top.

As far as cheaters, sure they're out there. Unless you're racing in the A's, even if the people racing against you are cheating, they still have a limited number of matches to burn, and, if their cheating means they don't have a limit, they'll be promoted to A. Just stay in Cat Enforcement races and you'll find yourself mainly racing folks that you can sort of race against (unless you find yourself at the very bottom of a cat and are always falling off the back, which is where I am right now as a low B) and don't worry about whether the other people deserve to be there or not. They're just something to push yourself against and the knowledge that they're real people rather than bots serving as rabbits may help you push yourself a little harder (it does for me - helped me set a 1 minute PR of 621 W up the legsnapper this morning - not a lot for most here, but I was happy with it).

Helps to think of it as a fun game or a workout. If you start caring too much about the results and whether or not the people around you are cheating it takes a lot of the fun out of it (at least it did for me until I got my mind refocused).

Last edited by himespau; 10-08-22 at 06:54 AM.
Likes For himespau: