Old 05-10-22, 09:50 PM
Frednwilma

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Felt Verza Speed vs. Liv Alright or Trek FX 1 ???

Ok I started out wanting a cruiser but I live in an area that can be a bit hilly. I am definitely leaning away from the cruisers and more to hybrids or even a comfortable fitness bike. I’ve tried out a few bikes but I’m still not sure which one I should get. I’ve decided I definitely need at least a 2x8 for the gears…3x8 is even better. I tried a Felt Verza Speed 50 the other day and I loved how zippy it was…shifting was smooth and it was great going uphill..definitely an effortless bike. I’m concerned it won’t be as stable as I would like tho and I’m afraid it might be too fast even tho that speed put a smile on my face. As I get older I’m thinking I would need something more stable maybe wider tires. I primarily ride on the road around my closed neighborhood but I want to ride crushed gravel bike paths in forest preserves as well. I tried a Liv Rove and a Liv Alight. I liked the Alight but even tho I could customize it with out breaking the bank it doesn’t put a smile on my face like the Verza Speed. I’m thinking the Alight would be better for me as I get older because it would be more stable….but that Verza Speed was so fun! I’m also wondering if I should try the Trek FX 1 as I could put a wider tire on it.

Do you think I should play it safe and stay with the Liv Alight and customize it with better seat and tires? Or should I stick to the Felt Verza Speed and enjoy a good ride despite possibly not being able to ride it as I get older because it lacks stability? Does anyone know if that Verza Speed is a good bike and if it would give me minimal issues? Anyone have any experience on the Liv Alight or Trek FX 1?

Thanks for your help!