cyclezen
OM boy

Bikes: a bunch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 517 Post(s)
Liked 645 Times in 438 Posts
Originally Posted by wheelreason
Motor pacing behind old folks riding up right mid day during the work week has accelerated my comeback from a 3 year hiatus, what's not to like...
LOL! I'll plead guilty to multiple infractions of bike etiquette this one time. On monday, after a particularly hard, long, tough climbing day on Sunday, I was just small-ringing it to get some recovery. Most of the ride was really easy, and as always, the return leg of my loop felt way better than the tough start miles.... Somewhere around the 15 mi mark, A rider on e-bike passed me very leisurely. He seemed well composed, not cranking his throttle, just motoring along. I thought twice, then said to myself "Oh Hell, I'm gonna hop on that wheel ! " He kept a very comfy 22-23 mph for the 4 mi I hung behind (about 1.5 to 2 bike lengths). I was able to jump around in gears, spinning wildly to just an easy big gear. Was one of the most fun, short sections of wheel sucking I've done in a while. It was as though he had trained to be a motorpacer. LOL! ... don;t know if he even knew I was back there...
A time I had some personal appreciation of an ebike... They are out of Pandora's box, and we need to adapt and also help with providing the 'herd' social envelope and boundaries.
Ride On
Yuri

Last edited by cyclezen; 09-21-22 at 08:53 AM.
Likes For cyclezen: