Old 10-17-22, 09:23 AM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked 2,097 Times in 1,314 Posts
Originally Posted by znomit
Did she really hold your hand on the way back too?
Strange things at controls. In 2019, a down under randonneur abandoned at Fougeres, he was in line to pay for food ahead of me. He kept badgering the checkout lady about wifi and the password. Over and over he tried to connect while the rest of us languished behind him for an interminable amount of time. I regret not taking appropriate action. He felt updating his social media was critical, to get the photos from the first 300km downloaded. Very odd to me.

On the way back, I came into the Fougeres control entrance a little hot and being cold and clumsy, I almost lost it. The volunteer just looks at me in disgust, rolling his eyes like only a Frenchman can do and says, "Ou la la".....of course, I deserved it.

The point of my ponderous posts to OP, don't think the controls aren't interesting.

Seeing riders buy drink whiskey-like stuff at later controls is always worth a chuckle. In a way, it is like a circus but we are all clowns in the show. Riding around the bigtop alone watching doesn't mean you did the ride in my view.
Likes For GhostRider62: