View Single Post
Old 01-19-23, 12:42 PM
_ForceD_
Sr Member on Sr bikes

Bikes: Several...from old junk to new all-carbon.

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1019 Post(s)
Liked 785 Times in 414 Posts
Awesome LBS offer

Wow! I just experienced an offer at a LBS that took me by surprise. Snowbirding in SE Florida, one of my road bikes broke a spoke. I have older bikes and do all the maintenance myself. I brought along a few specialty tools, but wasn’t able to bring my work stand or truing stand. So I go down to the LBS. I buy a couple of replacement spokes. The proprietor asks if I know how to replace them. I explain my situation. Then, just before I leave (thinking I’ll have to true the wheel in the frame dropouts), I ask if he knows of any bike co-ops in the area where I could go to use the truing stand. He says “No, but I could loan you one.” Surprised, I say “OH?…OK.” So he grabs an extra truing stand and hands it to me and just says “Bring it back tomorrow, or whenever.” I said “Do you want my name or phone number?” “No…I trust you.” So just to give a shoutout, the shop is called BICYCLE SPOT on N. Dixie Hwy in Fort Lauderdale. They don’t have a website, but it seems like a decent place. They do have a Facebook page — https://www.facebook.com/TheBikeSpot/

Dan

Last edited by _ForceD_; 01-19-23 at 09:28 PM.