View Single Post
Old 01-09-22, 05:19 PM
sebasbike

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by TejanoTrackie
I have no idea how accurate an Apple Watch is or if it is capable of setting heart rate zones. I use an old fashioned Timex Ironman Triathlon heart rate monitor (HRM) watch with a chest strap that works very well. It basically works on the same principle as an EKG that is very reliable. Unfortunately, they are no longer made, but maybe you could get a Garmin that works the same way.

As to gearing, 47 X 16 is fine for training, but would be too low for racing. As time goes on and you get stronger, you could try 47 X 15 and see if you can maintain your cadence in that higher gear.
thanks!!

sorry, i am currently in a very third world country in south america and cant even find a heart rate monitor. smh. i guess i'm just going to have to wing it.

my supplier in the states offers sells timex and there is nothing like that on his list so i'm guessing it does not exist anymore. will check out garmin or ask my brother that is kind of an athlete if i can get something similar here.

I just got back from the velodrome and was there for almost 2 hours. i did intervals of 20 minutes, picking up the pace every 5. took some dried figs apricots and almonds as snacks to replensh energy. hopeully in the next few weeks i can see some positive results.

i guess i'll just have to maximize my efforts and find and optimum with what i have for the moment.