Old 01-24-22, 11:26 AM
kwhiner

Bikes: '94 Eddy Merckx Century TSX '86 Schwinn Paramount, '89 Schwinn Paramount, '84 Specialized Sequoia, '85 Schwinn Le Tour Luxe, '86 Schwinn Prelude, '92 Cannondale T600, '78 Guerciotti, '91 Giant ATX 770, '87 Schwinn Le Tour(beater)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 18 Posts
Worst

[QUOTE=steelbikeguy;20058332]this does seem like one of those topics that comes up infrequently, but regularly.

I concur regarding the Sun CR-18... I keep a KoolStop tire jack in the bag of one bike equipped with these rims. Never had too much trouble getting tires off (but do keep steel tire levers in the bag too), but the tire jack has been essential for getting the tires on. Might have been mostly an issue with Conti tires.

The other rim that has been infamous, and fairly C&V in nature, has been the Torelli Master rim. 700C and narrow, and fairly impervious to human hands when mounting a tire. For these rims, I keep a little German tire jack in the saddle bag....

Steve in Peoria[/QUOTE. Probably the worst were Continental Ride Tour in 700x28 going onto 700 CR18 numerous tubes holed and at least one Park tire iron broken, finally gave up and ordered 32s which were very easy going on.