Darth Lefty 
Disco Infiltrator

Bikes: Stormchaser, Paramount, Tilt, Samba tandem

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3126 Post(s)
Liked 2,105 Times in 1,369 Posts
Originally Posted by Welshboy
It's only Wednesday but my working week is over as I'm back on my contracted three-day week (31.5 hours). Lovely Spring weather and I took my CAADX for a spin around a 'common land' field next to my workplace but it needs lower tyre pressures really.
Cannondale cross bikes are cool. I got a used old '98 CAAD3 XR800 for a little while. It was a good commuter and I tried to learn everything about it. A funny mix of road and mountain frame tubes, with canti's. Even then if you read the bumf they were pitching it as dual duty for commuting, so it had rack and fender mounts. I was able to use it with a kid seat once I traded the rear brake for mini-V. The model kept changing its name but you could tell it was a continuation. In the 2000's they added a version with disk brakes, even though it was "outlaw" for UCI 2003-2010. Long before all this gravel bike stuff. Around 2010 they finished moving their top end production to China and the carbon SuperX became the top racing model, so here's the CAADX to keep filling that affordable heavy duty race-and-commute niche. Different geometry than a gravel bike, less stack, more reach, steeper. Feels fast.
Genesis 49:16-17

Last edited by Darth Lefty; 04-27-22 at 02:27 PM.
Likes For Darth Lefty: