Miles2go
Zen Master

Bikes: Cervelo R5 - SuperSix

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked 89 Times in 42 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteHski
"Fast" and "Top tier puncture resistance" are unfortunately fairly mutually exclusive. So if you put "Fast" as your number 1 priority, then by default "Puncture resistance" needs to move further down your priority list.
For example Pirelli Cinturato Velos score very high on puncture resistance, but they're not exactly fast. I don't think there is a truly fast tyre that has top tier puncture resistance. Would be great if there was and they would sell fast!
Sure, but I take all of the fastest training tires, pick the one with the best of the other aspects in my criteria. Some riders posting here don't have fast as their first priority, and that's my base point.

For example, you might recommend the Pirelli Cinturato, but this is a puncture resistance first tire, and no one in my regular club pacelines would be running them. Someone might rate the P Zero Race as having poor puncture resistance by comparison, but I wouldn't compare the two, and would only compare the tire to others in the same road race training category and weight range.

Last edited by Miles2go; 04-30-22 at 08:44 AM.