genec
genec

Bikes: custom built, sannino, beachbike, giant trance x2

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13658 Post(s)
Liked 4,532 Times in 3,158 Posts
Originally Posted by Lambkin55
I just read though the whole thread. Nobody has brought up the issue people on the path with ear buds, headphones, ear buds and or cell phone to their ears.
I find those people get into their own little world and are oblivious to the rest of us on the path.
I rode a path for a while that was super divided... pavement for cyclists, with a white line in the middle... short split rail fence and then a path with shavings or mulch for walkers. Well from time to time I would encounter one of two "immovable objects..." one was the "three wide group" of folks chatting, often loudly... and blocking the entire bike lane. The other was "the listener." (remember there was a walking path too...) Both groups were oblivious to anyone else on the path... and the lone "listener" could easily have been in the walking section... but no... smack dab in the middle of the RH bike lane.

Personally I wanted to ride up, slowly and then hit my AirZOUNDs . But no... I did not do that... I would ride up, slow down, try the voice announcement... click brake handles (can you do that with "brifters?") and if none of that worked... I would slowly ride at the edge of the path to the point of passing in the dirt while loudly exclaiming "Excuse Me." Then I would slowly ride by.

There is no "fixing" folks like that. They feel entitled, don't bother with rules, won't even walk in their designated areas... So it is up to you to just get on by.... maybe squeek out a fart just a bike length ahead... leave a cloud.